Being outside in nature is a glorious thing! Whether on foot…on a bike…on a horse…on skis or snowshoes…in a canoe or kayak—the options are many.
If you agree with that, you’re in the right place!
There are SO MANY health benefits of outdoor recreation. Not just fun—although that’s a big one—but serious boosts to your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health.
Active Outdoor Women is all about encouraging you to get out there and move—alone, with your family, with friends, or all of the above.
- About — Get & Stay Fit, About me (Sharon) and my worldview.
- Gear Reviews — Suggested outdoor apparel, footwear and gear.
- Why Outdoors? — The benefits for you, the benefits for children (yours or your grandchildren), outdoor volunteering.
- Activities — Paddling, running, hiking, camping, horses and dogs. Combine your favorite activity with the outdoors and it’s double the benefit.
- Destinations — Even just in America our natural heritage is overwhelming! Here are highlights of some amazing destinations for your dream list.
- Food & Menus — Only baby steps so far here. This is where your suggestions are appreciated!
- Blog—Check out the latest posts. Or get these every month right in your inbox by signing up for Active Outdoor Journal.
I’ve got two freebies for you…
FREE E-BOOK — 7 Benefits of an Active Outdoor Lifestyle. Including outdoor recreation into your life isn’t just fun—it’s healthy in so many ways. Here are some benefits you probably haven’t thought about! More info…
FREE NEWSLETTER — Active Outdoor Journal is a monthly e-newsletter delivered right to your inbox. You’ll get it automatically when you ask for the free e-book.
(Photos: Top: Enjoying the view of the northern Minnesota forest from Mt. Josephine; Middle: Hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado; Bottom: Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, Minnesota, photo courtesy of Katy Lesiak)