Being outside in a beautiful natural environment and moving is a glorious thing! It can be on foot, on a bike, on a horse, on skis or snowshoes, paddling in a canoe or kayak—the options are many.
If you agree with that, you’re in the right place!
There are SO MANY health benefits of being active and of being outdoors. Combine the two and you’re well on your way to physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health.
And besides that — it’s fun!!
Active Outdoor Women is all about encouraging you to get out there and move—alone, with your family, with friends, or all of the above.
- About — Get & Stay Fit, About me (Sharon) and my worldview
- Gear Reviews — Suggested outdoor apparel, footwear and gear
- Why Outdoors? — The benefits for you, the benefits for children (yours or your grandchildren), outdoor volunteering
- Activities — Paddling, running, hiking, camping, horses and dogs. Combine your favorite activity with the outdoors and it’s double the benefit.
- Destinations — Even just in America our natural heritage is overwhelming! Here are highlights of some amazing destinations for your bucket list.
- Food & Menus — Only baby steps so far here. This is where your suggestions are appreciated!
- Blog Categories on the right column
- Recent Posts underneath that
I’ve got two freebies for you…
FREE E-BOOK — 7 Benefits of an Active Outdoor Lifestyle. An active outdoor lifestyle isn’t just fun — it’s healthy in so many ways. Here are some benefits you probably haven’t thought about! Click here to get it.
FREE NEWSLETTER — Active Outdoor Journal is a monthly e-newsletter delivered right to your inbox. You’ll get it automatically when you ask for the free e-book.
(Photos: Top: Enjoying the view of the northern Minnesota forest from Mt. Josephine; Middle: Hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park; Bottom: Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, Minnesota, photo courtesy of Katy Lesiak)